2009/10/29

Essay 2-02a: American culture

This time, I watched a lot of websites about American culture. I spent long time to find good website. I am very interested in America. Especially, I'm interested in Hollywood, music, and culture what is unique. I found website about them. I was so happy when I could find it.


First, I am going to about Hollywood. I have been interested in Hollywood since I was junior high school student. At first, I thought just "Actress and actor are so cool and beautifil!" but I watched I lot of movies, and then, I am interested in Hollywood more than before. I have known that Hollywood is the movie capital of the world. However, after I read this website, I realized that I have a lot of things I have not known about Hollywood. Foe example, "Hollywood films are shown in colleges and in treatment centers as they depict people with mental illness and substance abuse." and so on. If I have not watched this website, I can't know a lot of things. I'm glad to find it and I can know about Hollywood more than before.

http://www.lifeintheusa.com/culture/hollywood.htm


Next, I'm going to write about Rock and Roll of American music. Do you know this type of music? I have heard this name, but I don’t answer if someone asks me “What kind of music?” so, I want to know about this music. Rock and roll was the great synthesis of black and white American musical traditions. It began 1950’s. It is easy to read for us. I recommend you watch this website.

http://www.lifeintheusa.com/culture/rockroll.htm


Third, I am going to write about Yellow Ribbon of American culture. I have known it Yellow Ribbon a little, but I want to know more, so I watched website about it. Display of a Yellow Ribbon is a sign of loyalty to family, friends or loved ones who are welcome home. Have you known it? I have never known it. This website has back ground of Yellow Ribbon. I was surprised a little, because it is related to 19th Century Civil War Song. It gave me a chance to learn. I think this is great website, because we can know what we want to know, and we can learn back ground too! I recommend you it.

http://www.americanfamilytraditions.com/yellow_ribbon.htm

All the page of websites are easy to read and understand for me. After I read them, I feel happy, because I can get information what I want to know. I like America more than before.

(417 words) Total: 6256

5 件のコメント:

  1. Which actress or actor do you like the best? I like Johnny depp. He is cool and good actor. His movie is interesting.

    返信削除
  2. Which kind of music do you like? I like rock but I often listen to pop. I didn't about yellow ribbon at all. Thank you, Yurina.

    返信削除
  3. I didn't know about yellow ribon. I think yellow ribbon is good culture. What do you think? Please tell me.

    返信削除
  4. Hi!!
    I went to downtown Hollywood in CA at last summer vacation.
    Who is the best acter or actress??

    返信削除
  5. Thanks your comment! I will answer your question. I like the Giants the most. If you see Sakamoto and Ochi, you will like the Giants! And, have you ever listened to Thai music? If you listen to them, you also will like Thailand!

    返信削除