2009/05/17

BR 1-07: Mercury and the Woodcutter

This week, I read one more book. This title is “Mercury and the Woodcutter”. This is also famous book in Japan. I think almost people know this story. Japanese title is “kinnnoonoyoginnnoono” The famous word is “Which is a hatchet that you dropped”. When I went to library with Aya, we found it, and I borrowed it. After I read it, we are going to exchange books each other.
I am going to write this story. One day, a woodcutter set off to work in the woods for the day. Lucky for him, he had a very good axe. His father had given it to him. It had a beautiful widen handle and strong, sharp head. The woodcutter walked deep into the woods, and soon he came to a river. but he didn’t see how close it was to the riverbank. Suddenly, his axe started to slip. Before he could save it, it slid backwards and fell into the river with a splash. He started down into the deep water, but he could not see his axe anywhere, but Mercury had woodcutter’s wooden axe in his hand, because the woodcutter didn’t say lie. Mercury said thanks him because of his honesty, I am going to give you the golden and silver axes as well”. The woodcutter smiled. On his way home, he told his friend what had happened. His friend was also a woodcutter. His friend did do same thing the woodcutter. Then, Mercury dived into the water again. He came up holding a golden axe and asked him “ Is this a yours?” He said “Yes!! That’s my axe!!” Mercury looked angrily at him, and said “There is nothing I hate more than dishonesty. Because you have been so dishonest, I will not give you this axe, or your own!!!” He knew he would never get his axe back.
After I read it, I think, this book tells us that “Don’t tell a lie!!!” I have told a lot of lie, but, if I were told lie by somebody, certainly I will be angry!!! I want to do not tell a lie from now on.

(357 words)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿