2009/05/03

BR 1-05: Poor Old Mum!

Today, I read “Poor Old Mum!” When I read this title, I think that “What is mean? Poor and old? I can’t understand”, because I decided to borrow it.
This book is written about sports day. A heroine is of course Mum! At sports day, her husband, her son called Wilf, her daughter called Wilma and she took part in it. At first, Wilma was in the long jump, and she came first. Next, Wilf and his friend Chip were in a three-legged race. They came second. Then, her husband was in the egg and spoon race, and he came third. The last was she! She was in the race, bat she tripped over a broken her shoes. She came last. “Poor old Mom”, said Wilf. Her husband, Wilf and Wilma had a surprise, because she was disappointed. “Good old mom,” said everyone and gave her new shoes.
After I read it, I could understand titles mean. She couldn’t be No.1, but I think that just to be No1 is not so important, and using something carefully is very important.
(180words)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿